Introduction to our Agile Boot-camp
Agilocity’s agile boot-camp training (which is similar to agile fundamentals) is the perfect introduction to lean and agile ways of working for groups. The boot-camp is comprised of a healthy mix of theory with experiential learning activities built into the course. We use a real project in class to expose learners to the creative energy unleashed in agile execution.
During the boot-camp we look at two of the most popular frameworks, Scrum and Kanban.
Agile Boot-camp Learning Objectives
Agile in a Nutshell
- Why Agile?
- Agile Teams
- How is working in Agile different?
- What makes a team perform well?
- Typical Agile roles and responsibilities
- Forming teams
We delve into the mechanics of a healthy Scrum process enabled by the Scrum ceremonies:
- Backlog Refinement
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Standup
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
• From Business Requirement Definition documents to agile requirements
• Agile requirements – User stories
• Hosting a story writing workshop
- How is agile estimation different to traditional estimation?
- Agile estimation technique
- Planning Poker
• Why static planning doesn’t work with complex product development
• The Agile plan
• Backlog refinement
• Flexing on Scope
• Your first plan
• The burndown chart
• Sprint planning
• How do you deliver value every two weeks?
• The Agile iteration
• How the iteration unfolds
• Iteration Ceremonies
• An alternative to Scrum
• Kanban uses
• Information radiators
• Open communication
• Unit testing
• Test driven development
• Continuous integration
• Continuous deployment
Agile Change Management
- Learn Agile change management techniques
- Motivation for change
- Influencing human behavior
The boot-camp takes place over a recommended two days.
Minimum 10 people and maximum 100 people per boot-camp.
Currently the Agile boot-camp is virtual instructor-led.
Please contact us via the form below for cost.