An introduction to value stream management principles, practices, and tools. Designed to optimize value flow and realization in digital value streams and develop individuals’ skills. Digital value streams include the software applications and services in addition to the platforms that support them e.g., cloud infrastructure or DevOps toolchains.
The Value Stream Management Foundation course from Value Stream Management Consortium, and offered in partnership with DevOps Institute, is an introductory course taking learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance.
- Describe the origins of value stream management and key concepts such as flow, value, and delivery
- Describe what value stream management is, why it’s needed and the business benefits of its practice
- Describe how lean, agile, DevOps, and ITSM principles contribute to value stream management
- Identify and describe value streams, where they start and end, and how they interconnect
- Identify value stream roles and responsibilities
- Express value streams visually using mapping techniques, define current and target states and hypothesis backlog
- Write value stream flow and realization optimization hypotheses and experiments
- Apply metrics such as touch/processing time, wait/idle time, and cycle time to value streams
- Understand flow metrics and how to access the data to support data-driven conversations and decisions
- Examine value realization metrics and aligning to business outcomes, and how to sense and respond to them (outcomes versus outputs)
- Architect a DevOps toolchain alongside a value stream and data connection points
- Design a continuous inspection and adaptation approach for organizational evolution
- Sixteen (16) hours of live instructor-led training via the DevOps Institute Education Partner network
- Digital Learner Manual including:
- Course slideware
- Value-Added Resources
- Interactive exercises and discussions designed to apply concepts
- Case stories
- Sample exam(s)
- Access to additional sources of information
- Option to join the DevOps Institute and Value Stream Management Consortium membership communities
People working in an organization aiming to improve performance, especially in response to digital transformation or disruption. Any roles involved in the creation and delivery of products or services:
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO, and CVO
- Transformation and evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers
- Scrum Masters, agile and DevOps coaches and facilitators
- Portfolio, product and project managers, and owners
- Business analysts
- Architects, developers, and engineers
- Release and environment managers
- IT Ops, service and support desk workers
- Customer experience and success professionals
None, although having a working knowledge of lean, agile, DevOps, and value stream principles will be useful.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate receiving their Value Stream Management Foundation certification and digital badge. The certification is governed and maintained in partnership with DevOps Institute.
Two days, virtual instructor-led training.
R10 500 Per person (Excl. 15% SA VAT)
Check “Course Bookings” below for any specials.