Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation Certification Course
2021-10-14 8:30 to 2021-10-15 17:00
October 14, 2021
Introduces a range of practices for improving service reliability through a mixture of automation, working methods and organizational re-alignment.
Tailored for those focused on large-scale service availability.
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation? course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organizational re-alignment, a new focus on engineering & automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants withthe practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s).
The course was developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the SRE space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been designed to teach the keyprinciples & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the SRE Foundation certification exam.
The learning objectives for the SRE Foundation course include a practical understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
Observability as something to indicate the health of a service.
Read more here.
All prices exclude 15% SA VAT.