Description of Real World Agile Training
Our Real world Agile training course is an entry level Agile course that introduces participants to the mechanics of Agile, with specific emphasis on Scrum as the Project Management Framework. The course has a healthy mix of theory and practice, where participants practice the methods and techniques tough in class, by working on real world projects in the training.
The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skill to start with Scrum adoption within their own team at work.
The course is perfectly geared towards stewards of Agile, team members/leads wanting to apply Agile in their work environment or anyone else interested in entry level Agile training.
The approach to course instruction is a blended approach: +/- 40% is theory and +/- 60% is practice in class, depending on the participant’s level of knowledge.
An Agilocity Certificate of Attendance is issued to learners that meet the Learning Outcomes (LO’s). There is no exam, instead, knowledge is assessed through interactions with participants, and how they demonstrate their understanding of the LO’s.
At conclusion of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand the benefits in applying Agile methods
- Demonstrate the importance of the Agile Values and Principles
- Distinguish between “being Agile” and “doing Agile”
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Agile team
- Understand how requirements are presented using User Stories
- Use Estimation techniques
- Perform Refining the Backlog
- Execute Sprint Planning
- Facilitate Daily Standups
- Perform a Product Review ceremony
- Close the Sprint with a fruitful Retrospective
The course runs over two days, but could be tailored to your company’s in-house requirements.
Cost & Bookings
Please get in touch with us to discuss costs for group bookings at your company.